Monday, October 29, 2012

Our Stressful Life

Mike and I have a lot of things to stress out over right now, my health being at the top of the list along with trying to find a way to get to Vegas to visit his family because he hasn't seen them in almost 2 years.

When we moved here about a year and a half ago, Mike had just lost his job and I was working from home as a freelance journalist mostly part time but steadily enough. It took Mike over a year to find a job. My freelance work ended last year in November but I had started my own AVON business in June that I hoped to build up enough to make a decent living from and I started working as a domestic aide in January.

My AVON hasn't been successful mostly because I'm a horrible salesperson and I don't like to force people to buy from me. I really am considering just closing up shop with it and moving on to something else when I can afford to. I quit my domestic aide job in August because the family didn't really need me and called me off work more than they had me come in.

Now, Mike has a great full time job that he loves and I've been searching for work for months. It has been a difficult road for me. Because I have worked from home for so long, most possible employers won't consider my application, and don't consider it real work unless you have a successful company and are looking for something on the side.

I'll be honest, I hate living with my parents, especially my mother. She's a constant pain in the butt, and even more so now because she lost her job of 30+ years in August, so I have to see her all the time. I love her but hate living with her. I can deal with living with my dad but my mom just doesn't know when to leave me alone. I can be in our room working on the computer, and she will be talking to me through the closed door because if I'm not paying her attention, she's going to make me pay attention to her.

We really need to have two full time incomes so we can finally get back on our feet. We both always talk about getting our own place and what we are going to do differently than we did before. We talk about trying to buy a house again (or daydream about buying land and building a house) but there are so many things we need to do first, like de-stress our lives. We're working on it but it's one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment