Sunday, July 24, 2011

1 Week Without Refined Sugar

So it's been exactly a week since I've knowingly had anything with refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I don't really miss it and I don't have any cravings for it either.

I've decided that I really want to clean up what I'm eating as far as additives and chemicals. I want to go to eating very clean, which in my definition means that I cut out HFCS and any foods that have things on the ingredients label other than what can naturally be grown.

For example, I opened a jar of cinnamon applesauce the other day and after I'd already eaten part of a serving, I notice the label said it contained apples, cinnamon, and HFCS. I was looking at it thinking why is the HFCS necessary? Apples are sweet enough as they are.

There are a lot of foods out there that you would would just look at and think there aren't any additives to them, but if you read the label they're there. I'm also determined to cut out meats and dairy products that are given excess hormones. So, I'm going to start reading labels and making sure everything is as natural and with no additives/chemicals as possible.

I don't think I've actually lost any weight, but I don't really mind because I know that I'm already healthier than I was a week ago. We also started doing my bellydancing DVD, The Goddess Workout (beginner) with Dolphina. It's 45 minutes and is really a great workout. I remember now why I used to love doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment