Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

We had a great time on the 4th. It was very different for Mike because in Vegas there aren't many places that do actual firework shows. We would usually go to his parent's house and do our own fireworks after BBQ if they didn't have to work that day because they usually cook all day the day of the holiday (no matter the holiday). There weren't many kids around other than our 2 year old niece Kristin.

We went to my brother, Josh, and SIL, Yvonne's house for BBQ along with my mom (dad had to work), grandma, uncle Lloyd, Yvonne's sister Bobbie, her husband, Yvonne's dad, Yvonne's cousin, Malissa, and her husband Rob, Malissa's dad, Malissa's brother, Dallas, his wife Jen, and their baby Ranson plus my nephews Ash & Jax, Bobbie's kids Ginny and Aiden, and Malissa's kids Tyler and Logen. It was a crazy day.

Mike and I bought Ash and Jax a little inflatable seal that has a built in sprinkler, so all of the kids were running through that, screaming, and in general having a blast. That's when it hit me just how left out Mike and I were with our angelbabies. It was sitting there watching them and trying to imagine what it would be like if our 4 year old and almost 3 year old were out there with those kids, that did it. We were the only people there at this age who don't have kids and it makes you feel almost invisible at times, or like you're trying too hard to be part of that.

I love being here and getting to do the things that Mike and I never got to do together before or that are done differently here, but it is also a big reminder of just how left out we both feel because we don't have living children yet. I also feel like everyone is watching us and waiting until it happens, I mean it was kinda that way in Vegas, but we weren't around Mike's family as much, so the pressure about it wasn't there like here.

Overall it was a great holiday, but now I'm beginning to feel like Mike and I are living in a fish bowl with this.

2 comments:

  1. I notice many of your posts include the kids...

    I know that empty feeling you have, and when it is accompanied by remarks from others on "when will you have kids", it makes for some resentment.

    I think it is awesome that you get to love on Ash and Jax! I totally wish I had some nieces or nephews to love on!!! You get to be the silly and fun loving Auntie, sugar them up and send them home! lol!

    Praying Mike finds some amazing and well paid work so you can work on the positive PG test! I believe in my heart God has amazing things in store for you and Mike... and YOUR family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!!! You always have a way of cheering me up when it comes to these things. I love Ash & Jax and am glad we get to make up for being out of their lives for so long.

    ReplyDelete