Thursday, July 21, 2011

Getting Healthy

My mom and I have come up with a plan for us to get healthy gradually instead of making a lot of changes at once and increasing our odds of cheating. We are going to make gradual changes over the next year and implement a new change every 3 months.

The first three month's change is multi-part because we have to get used to doing all of these things. We are cutting out all junk food and refined sugars from our diet. We are also going to start weighing and measuring our food so we can eat proper portions. Not really me, but my parents and Mike are big on buying junk food, and the only way we are all going to get healthy is if we eliminate the junk food. I implemented this change on Sunday, July 17th. I believe if I cut out all of the junk food and refined sugar I may be able to get my estrogen dominance/insulin resistance under control.

The second three month's change is eliminating white/refined bread products from our diet and sticking with whole grains. I don't really eat a lot of bread and what I do is usually whole wheat/whole grain. Often we don't think about the fact that most pasta is made from white flour and when we go out to eat we eat the white bread/buns and don't even think about it.

The third three month's change is to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. By this time, we should be eating plenty of fruits and veggies anyway but we should have made the first 2 changes habits but may not always get 5 servings of fruits and veggies in per day.

The final three month's change is to focus on getting in at least an hour of exercise 5 days a week. Hopefully by this point we would have integrated exercise into our lifestyle change but if not, we are really focusing on it in this phase.

By doing these phases to focus on getting healthy instead of losing weight then it won't be a constant thought in our head. It would be nice if we do lose weight while doing this but right now I just want to eliminate the foods that are causing my hormonal issues, which are mainly the high sugar foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment