Thursday, July 14, 2011

Disappointed

Ok, I have to admit I'm more than a little disappointed in my friends and family when it comes to my AVON sales. I hate depending on friends and family to order from me and I know times are tough (and I don't really expect people to order from me every time a new catalog comes out) but this is just pathetic.

Yes, there are some friends that I know simply can't afford to order from me and I'm not disappointed in them, but it's the rest of them that I know can afford to order (and order things online similar to what I'm selling). Heck, my mom and SIL order from me and they have little to no money to spare but they are doing it more to support me than to keep my business going.

I think the reason I'm really disappointed is because I am donating $1 for every online sale I get from my facebook AVON Naturals Feeding America event and I've only had 1 sale. This charity is very important not only to food banks in this area but to food banks all over the country. There are people out there just like me and Mike who have lost everything and depend on those food banks for every meal. The only reason we aren't in that position is because of family. The reason this is a big deal is because $1 equals 7 meals. I guess it's easier to ignore the problem when it doesn't affect you personally.

Yes, I will admit I want the sales, but I want to make the donations too. I don't wish bad upon anyone but I do wish that every one of those people that can afford to buy from me but have decided not to buy anything because they don't want to feel obligated to make future purchases from me could experience for a day or two what it's like to wonder where their next meal is coming from. Mike and I have been there more than I'd like to admit. We had months when we first got our own place where we weren't sure how we were going to pay our rent, buy groceries, or even get gas and we couldn't imagine how we could pay for all three at once.

Those are the times that I am most thankful to God because I know He was watching over us. We went to church 20 miles across town every week (in Vegas) and even though we didn't really have the money we'd donate a few dollars or whatever change we had. Every time that happened and we didn't know what we were going to do, somehow God provided the money we needed. There are people who aren't as fortunate as we are and I think it's time to give back even though we don't know if we can afford the few bills we still have to pay. Mike and I can't afford to donate much but I am still donating this money and I make very little with AVON even with these sales. I think that's the reason I am disappointed the most because we are willing to give back even though we can't afford it, and there are people out there that can afford to spend $10 to donate $1 but won't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment