Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy, prosperous New Year to all.

My meeting today went very well after a week that was fantabulous. I lost 4.8lbs this week. This is the first week on the program that I've gotten 5 fruits/veggies in per day. It wasn't hard with the exception of the fact we didn't have enough veggies on hand and I still need to run back to the store. I've also come to rely heavily on cottage cheese and chicken. I did realize this week, that this is the way I should be eating. With very few breads and refined carbs and a lot of fresh fruits & veggies and lean proteins. I also got my dance on with my new Just Dance 2 game a few days this week.

I'm hoping to hit the 20 pound mark next week, I am at 16.8lbs down I believe. I am happy with the loss but I'm even happier that I'm getting the hang of this program and finally getting somewhere on my resolve to add more fruits and veggies to my diet.

I've got a few prayers that need to go up. Pray for my aunt whose grandson/my cousin, his girlfriend, and baby are living with her. My cousin headbutted his girlfriend and broke her nose, so he's now in jail with an order of protection for the baby and girlfriend against him. Another cousin (and the brother of the previous cousin) was victim of the flooding in Southern California and is living in a shelter, thankfully, he has a good job so he can support himself but he lost almost everything. Pray for that aunt's second youngest grandson/my cousin as well because he was being a stupid/emotional teenager overdosed because of a girl and is in ICU, he hasn't come out of it yet.

Have a wonderful, safe holiday. Remember it's a time of goodwill and cheer and family (even if you can't stand them and Lord knows there are some I can't stand). Merry Christmas once again.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the weight loss! That is fantastic! Many prayers for the ones you love...

    ReplyDelete