Saturday, December 4, 2010

Overhaul (in More Ways Than One)

Okay, so I began drinking my grapefruit juice today even though I couldn't find 100% natural, I guess the cocktail will have to do for now until I can get to Sunflower Market to get the natural stuff. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, similar to the tartness of cranberry juice. Mike is drinking 1 cup per day along with me because I also read that grapefruit juice has DNA restoring properties, so anything that can help with his chromosome issue is worth trying.

I knew going to my WW meeting today that it was going to be a day full of changes because they were rolling out a brand new program. I just wasn't expecting the program to be so different that everything from the old one is obsolete even the points calculators. They calculate points differently and calorie count doesn't come into it. It seems they are trying to encourage more healthy eating and carbohydrate (especially refined carb)reduction, which works perfectly with my plan to go lower carb anyways. My daily points increased by almost 10 and they increased the optional extra weekly points to 49 but they also increased the points on foods too so it really balances. My leader said that even though he wasn't trying, the leadership team has been on this program for 3 months and he's lost 15 pounds just from the change.

I can tell you that I attacked my food in a different way today. I weighed and measured (which I usually do) but my new points calculator was essential. I would have been lost without it. It was also really hard to finish my points today but I figure with some planning and ingenuity, I'll be able to easily adjust to the new program and be more successful at it than the previous one.

A bonus is that after 3 weeks of struggling with my sugar addiction yoyoing me with my weight I lost 4 pounds this week and hit my 10 pound mark finally. I was so excited but with all of the talk about the new program didn't get a chance to get my 10 pound ribbon, so I guess that'll be next week. I'm hoping to also get my 5% ribbon next week too. I just feel like this is going to be a good week. The only downside to this new program is that the daily points are more individualized so every week you have to recalculate them to see if you've lost a point or if your value stayed the same, unlike the old problem where if you dropped a middle digit you lost a point.

Here's hoping for a great week and that it doesn't go too badly food-wise with my dad being here. Then, after I find out how this week went I've got to gear up for my mom's visit starting next Monday. Heading to the Las Vegas Rock N Roll marathon in the morning to root for my dad since he's running in the half marathon.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool! I was talking to a friend of mine who is on WW, she also said that with this new point system, she is having a hard time eating all her points... lol!

    10 pounds! WOW! Good job!

    ReplyDelete