Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Bit of News

Okay, after my last visit with the RE I was really pissed off. I mean extremely pissed to have an obese male doctor telling me that I really didn't want to have a baby because I didn't lose any weight between my first appointment in July and that second appointment at the beginning of October. He did up my dose of clomid to 100 mgs and basically warned me that if he has to go up to 150 mgs he won't do it for more than one cycle. I mean how dare that man say I don't want children. If I didn't want children, I wouldn't be willing to try to get pregnant again considering there's a 50/50 chance we could lose another baby. It's a risk I'm willing to accept to get what I want. A doctor has no right to tell a woman that she doesn't want children when she's had a miscarriage and had to bury one child.

So after talking it over with Mike, we decided that despite my resolve to teach myself healthy eating habits, I wasn't holding myself accountable for what I was eating. Mike had been encouraging me to join Weight Watchers again, even after I swore 3 years ago that I wouldn't go back because my leader was not only not motivating but accused me of cheating/not journaling all of my food choices because I was yo-yoing every week. But I did it.

I decided the best thing to do was go to the Saturday 7am meeting time that we originally did when I started WW 7 years ago with my mom, my sister-in-law, and my grandma. I have very good memories of going to WW then but this time, I'm doing it for myself not because everyone else wanted me to go with them. My leader, I won't name any names, is kind of goofy. I'm also not going to say what my starting weight was.

Anyhow, the first week was hard because I was having trouble finishing all of my points. I really stuck with it and journaled everything, and we even had breakfast out twice. I weighed in the first week and lost 5.4 pounds. The second week, was even harder because I dropped a point, so I had to readjust everything. It wasn't so much that it was hard to adjust, it was more that it was the week after Halloween and I wanted to have sweets and mixing them in with balanced meals was difficult. I weighed in this past Saturday and lost another 2.6 pounds. So, after two weeks I am 1 pound from getting my 10 pound ribbon, which I am planning to get at my next weigh-in.

I have been getting quite a bit more active too. I've been playing tennis on the wii for at least a half hour and another hour minimum of bowling, golf, and archery. I walked about 2 miles from the bus stop off my first bus to my meeting instead of waiting for the bus, which didn't even come by the entire time I was walking. This morning I took a 40 minute walk from our apartment down to CVS which is about a mile and a half away.

I am excited about the weight loss but at the same time, I'm really going for the accountability factor more than anything else. This way I can continue teaching myself to choose healthier options and have something to keep me on the straight and narrow. I will say this, when we have gone to fast food restaurants I have been choosing healthier options and if I get a drink with my food, I get water instead of soda or soft drinks. I have been drinking a lot of water, but I figure the more water I drink the easier it is not to have those high point snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment