Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's the Weekend Before Thanksgiving

Okay, I went to my meeting and lost 1.4 of the 1.8 pounds that I gained last week. Last week was a very stressful week, and though I did good with my points on the program, I did eat a lot of things that were high in sodium. I also got a lot more active last week than usual. I'm not making excuses for gaining weight last week, but I do know what I did that made the gain happen.

I'm not telling a lot of people that I'm doing WW again because I don't want to have to deal with being hassled by certain family members because of my healthy choices. I'm just doing it, watching my portion sizes, and adding everything up in my head as I go. If any of them happen to read it on here, then that's fine but I won't stand for the insulting comments about the way Mike and I choose to eat. I don't believe Thanksgiving will be a problem because I can serve myself and Mike's family doesn't really say much about how much or how little any of us eat.

As far as the trying to conceive thing goes, we don't have anything to report. Anything to report means as of when I wrote this we are not pregnant. I will say this, other than to my wonderful friends on Baby Center, I will only be posting the big news on this blog when we do finally conceive, so it benefits you to check this blog once in awhile. Before you ask, the main reason for the discretion regarding when we do find out we are expecting is because of the whole chromosomal issue and we have to wait until we are 12 weeks before we find out if that child will be healthy enough to make it to term.

So have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and remember, the turkey is supposed to be stuffed, not you. :o)

2 comments:

  1. WW is awesome! Even when pg you can continue doing WW... super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I went and got pg after they made me stop and refunded my money for what was left on my pass. I do intend to continue going and not tell them once I do get pg, because as my mom told me the program is supposed to be about healthy eating and how can that not benefit a pg woman?

    ReplyDelete