Friday, January 28, 2011

Come On February

Okay, so today is CD5 and I have started the progesterone shutdown. Part of me is doubtful it's going to work and the other part has high hopes for it. I started 1/4tsp of Emerita USP progesterone cream twice a day today on my hands, inner wrists, neck, and face...the first dose was at 12:30am, the second will be at 12:30pm before we go to bed. I also started pregnenolone, which is an OTC supplement that the body naturally produces to create progesterone. I'm only taking 20mg per day though you can take up to 200mg. I take it at the same time as I do my first dose of the cream.

I also am taking 2 chasteberry/vitex pills twice a day but not at the same time. I usually take the rest of my vitamins including the DIM with my grapefruit juice at about 8:30am, so I'm trying to space them out where they don't counteract each other. I haven't read anything saying that you can't take all of them together and, in fact, most of my research they recommend the chasteberry/vitex, DIM, and pregnenolone to overcome estrogen dominance.

The next couple of months are going to be stressful because we are trying to help motivate my sister-in-law to go out and really put in the effort to get a job, we have to pack & organize our apartment, and we aren't going to have much time to TTC plus considering the lack of privacy it's not really even worth trying until we move into the bigger apartment.

We are definitely lacking in privacy and room in this apartment. We did talk to Mike's sister about what we were going to have to do if she didn't get a job by the time we are moving, which is the beginning of April. Basically, we told her we can afford a 2 bedroom apartment and the utilities that come with it but it's going to be tight when it comes to any extras including food, so if she doesn't have a job 2 weeks before we're due to move when we go to put the deposit on the apartment, then she's going to have to move back to their parents' house until she has a job and once our lease expires on a 1 bedroom then we'd move into a 2 bedroom with her.

We don't want to kick her out or anything but if she's not working, we can't keep picking up the tab for her because it's just showing her that someone is always going to take care of things for her. When she moved in, the one thing Mike and I agreed on was that she had to learn what it means to be an adult but she's not learning that. I won't say exactly what she is doing but the only thing she's not doing is looking for a job. She's broken our one really big house rule already and, sadly, her parents are of no help with this because they do it too. It's too big of a risk to take for it to be acceptable to us, but she doesn't care. I'll say this, I don't care if every state has people campaigning to make pot legal, until the laws change it is still illegal, and Mike and I don't want it linked to us in any way.

We try to tell her that if she has to do any drug tests, she will fail because of the pot but she doesn't care. I've seen people do a lot of stupid, illegal things but what I can't abide by is exposing your children to your own use of illegal substances on a constant basis, I don't care if it is only pot. All that does is teach them that it's okay to do it if you don't get caught and to teach their children the same bad habits. THAT is bad parenting. Hard core druggies and alcoholics lose their children for this, but people tend to overlook people who get high on pot because people don't tend to die from it. You aren't an adult if you are still doing stupid childish things like this and teaching it to your kids. I have no respect for people who are like that, including my in-laws as well as my other sister-in-law and her boyfriend who smoke it around their 2 year old daughter.

Now that my little rant on pot smoking in-laws is done. Bring on February.

No comments:

Post a Comment