Saturday, January 29, 2011

Every Ounce Helps

Okay, so I've managed to lose 1 pound in 2 weeks...I'm not complaining because every ounce is one step closer to getting healthy...it can be frustrating though. I've been fighting to lose the same 3 pounds for 2 months, and the sad thing is that I lost them already and gained them back.

Today my WW leader told us to set a small goal to get to by the end of June weight-wise. I don't want to set a specific weight but I will say that I want to be at at least 35 pounds down by the end of June, which is 21 pounds from what I have lost this week. I also have to up my activity because I increase it one week then do almost nothing the next, so I have to get more consistent with my exercise.

We found a good way to save money because we've gotten really bad at it. I have a debit card on Mike's account but it's a separate number and we've never used it. To use it we have to transfer money from his card to that one, so we decided to activate it and start saving money on that card by transferring so much each payday to it. We hardly ever think about this card and we agreed we'd only use the money on it for things like moving, furniture, flying back to St. Louis for a visit, and stuff like that.

I'm getting anxious to move and our agreed upon moving date is March 31st-April 1st. We'd like to move sooner but don't want to have to pay a prorated 1st month because we moved in before the beginning of the month. Thankfully, we won't have this issues with the uhaul again because my sister and her husband are going to rent it for us and we'll just give them the money for it.

We are also anxious to get our furniture back because though it's nice not having to provide your own furniture when your low on funds, the quality of the furniture isn't the same as ours. Our bed alone is worth moving out of here for and they have their own bed, so they won't miss it. My sister and her husband are giving pretty much all of our furniture back when we move...not sure what they are going to do, but I guess they can work on getting their own since we're giving them so much notice.

1 comment:

  1. Your own furniture back.... NICE!!!!!!!!!! We have been using my Aunts furniture and bed and stuff for the last 7 months... I miss mine!

    There is nothing like living with your stuff again!

    ReplyDelete