Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bad Week Continued

Okay, so I know I said it was a bad week and the scale reflected that with a 3.5 pound gain. I'm not surprised but I do know that I need to get my act together and stop using the stress of moving again as an excuse to go off program.

I am still having some trouble with my neck, not so much my shoulder and neck. I don't know what it is, maybe because our bed is softer than the bed at the apartment we had, meaning it conforms better to the body, so my neck isn't as supported with my usual pillow arrangement. I've been making sure my neck is fully supported before going to sleep and it's been reducing the pain to a dull ache.

Now, I have to bitch a bit about living with my sister and BIL. I love them but really can't stand living with them. When we've shared apartments before it's always been all about them (they control the thermostat, they get the master suite but use our bathroom anyways, they never turn the heat on during the winter even when we are freezing, and they bitch non-stop about anything and every little thing our dog might do), and this time we understand they are letting us live with them out of the goodness of their hearts, but it doesn't mean they don't still do things that piss us off.

Our dog is fully house-trained but my sister's 4 dogs tend to do their business in the house if they aren't taken out when they need to go. The last time we lived with them, this practice made our dog forget her house-training and she started to go inside but she hasn't done that since we lived in our house. She's also like any other dog when it comes to going outside, if she sees the other dogs going out, she wants to go too even if she was just out 10 minutes before. BUT if she runs out without a leash on, unlike most other dogs, if you say her name she drops down to the ground and you have to practically pick her up and carry her because she won't move.

My sister sleeps till the very last possible minute on the days she works and as late as possible on her days off, but the problem with that is, either we ignore her dogs begging to go outside when we take ours out or we take them out, which isn't fair to us because they aren't even our dogs. I understand wanting to sleep in on your days off but if you want to have pets you have to take care of them and my sister is the kind that can get up take them out and go back to sleep but she doesn't do that.

The other thing I have to complain about is they are hyper-critical of us spending any money. We are used to making small trips to the store throughout the 2 weeks between Mike's paydays and that's a hard habit to change because we don't usually buy enough food to last us a full 2 weeks when we do big trips to the store anyways. Every time we go the store I feel like we have to make up excuses for it and we shouldn't have to explain our finances to them. Yes, we are living with them because it's less than having to live on our own, but just because Mike is unemployed now that doesn't mean they need to know exactly where every penny we spend goes. They are always yelling at us for leaving a light on somewhere but they don't use CFL bulbs to save on their electricity and they are worse about it than us. They leave a light on in their bedroom all the time, but heaven forbid we make a short trip somewhere during the middle of the night and leave the living room or hallway light on so we can see when we get back because if one of them wake up and see that it's on, we'll get lectured on how they are trying to save money.

We are beginning to despair having to live with them for even 4 months and are really starting to think we should just get out as soon as possible and possibly get a car and a truck instead of just a truck, at least that way we can move much more of our stuff without a moving truck. We probably will be getting rid of our furniture with the exception of the bed and the desk. It's really nice but we just can't afford to move it all and UHaul are a bunch of idiots because they claim both of our debit cards are pre-paid cards not debit cards, so they won't let us rent a truck from them and I'm kind of afraid of having to drive one of those trucks across the country.

1 comment: