Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's Been a Bad Week...

I know I said I was going to be following the WW program and I have been but somehow I find myself cheating at the end of the day. It's that time of day when you're not really hungry but your brain is crying out for a snack.

I won't be surprised if I gain this week...it's been a stressful and not very good eating week. That along with my neck and shoulder starting to hurt, is just making me feel like I want to eat all the time.

On the plus side, Mike is now done with the IP. He picks up his final paycheck on Tuesday. It's not as much as we'd hoped it would be but it's enough to do what we've got to do with it. We are really thinking a lot about moving to Denver. We don't know anyone there but I've been doing research on what areas have the most jobs available and Denver is always popping up on every site I check.

We've been checking out jobs in that area and housing prices. The thing I'm most afraid of is doing a cold move. At least if we move back to Illinois/St. Louis then we know we'll have a place to live even if Mike doesn't get a job right away. The problem with Denver is, like I said, we don't know anyone there and he'd have to have a job before we moved there. Not only that but we wouldn't have any place to live once we get there and that's something that's almost as, if not more, important than him having a job. We could live in an extended stay motel there for awhile, if they have them, but it would be a short term thing.

I really do need an easy button, at least for moving and getting Mike a job. That way I could just push it and he'd have a job, we'd have a nice rental house in a good area, and we wouldn't have to worry about how we are going to move all of our stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Everything always works out... even if we have to trudge through a stinky swamp first... it always works out

    ReplyDelete