Sunday, February 20, 2011

Progesterone Cream Testimonial

I know, I know, I already posted today but I have to post a testimonial to the progesterone cream shutdown I've been doing. At first I was skeptical about it actually working because, frankly, why would an OTC cream work when pharmacy meds haven't.

The first cycle that I did the USP progesterone cream shutdown only lasted 19 days, which is very short for me, and I didn't O during that time. At first, I was a little worried about it because that was such a short time between, but in my research on this, I've found that it's actually quite common for the 1st cycle on the PC to be very short. Despite that, I did increase my dosage to 1tsp a day instead of the 1/2tsp during the 1st cycle. Even though I was disappointed in having such a short cycle, I am thrilled that my body finally started a normal cycle on its own with only the PC to help.

I'm 10 days into my 2nd cycle, and though I haven't been following the program strictly, like going strictly organic and eating as healthy as possible, I can tell it's working. In my reading, they say once you apply the PC you should feel an instant almost tingling rush from the site that you applied it. Basically, this is caused by the influx of hormones entering your system and when you have low progesterone levels it's considered a "feel good" hormone. I didn't pay much attention before when I was putting it on, but since we've moved, I put it on when it's quiet, like in the morning right after I get up and right before we go to bed, and I've noticed that little rush when there aren't as many things calling for my attention.

I am very hopeful for this. I know I have to work on other things as well, but I am loving the effects of the PC so far. I have noticed since I started using it that I don't lose as much hair when I wash it, my hair is shinier, my skin is a little more glowy and has more color to it, I generally remain peppy during the day without as many bad moods, and I sleep much better at night than before. I have stopped the pregnenolone also because I think it wasn't helping and taking it along with the PC may have been the cause of that early cycle. I realized the pregnenolone was too much when I started having trouble sleeping even though I was dead tired...that's a side effect of too much progesterone/other hormones in your system.

So, if you are interested in using PC I recommend Emerita Pro-Gest, but any brand with at least 450mg of pure USP progesterone per ounce of cream and without parabens will work. I get a box of 45 individual packets for $16 including shipping from Amazon.com and am currently using 4 packets per day but you should start with 2 per day either together or separately and only increase it if your cycles remain irregular or if your cycles start early like I mentioned mine did. For the shutdown, I know I've mentioned how it works before, you use the PC from CD5 thru CD26 and repeat for at least one more cycle but for best results another 2 cycles. After that, OR if you don't want to do the shutdown, use each cycle from CD14 thru CD28 (basically 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). Never use the PC for more than 21 days each cycle. It is safe to use during pg because your body should produce progesterone during that time and the small amount you'll get from the PC isn't going to do anything to harm your pg but don't stop it immediately if you get a BFP because your body might need the boost. IF you get a BFP, you can use less but don't discontinue use completely until at least 12 weeks pg and then begin weaning your body from it but talk to your ob/gyn about discontinuing it first because they might want you to stay on it.

1 comment:

  1. I am really interested in where the cream takes you! It is inspiring! I am excited that something so simple is working for you!!! Keep posting! I like how you put the TTC alphabet in your side bar! You should add more... maybe it will get your blog more traffic, women Google for TTC translations all the time

    ReplyDelete